DAD/WCP Girlie Siasat-Segubre
Living a healthy lifestyle is so important. A person with a good health and a healthy mind may be considered to have everything in life. With good health as central to human happiness and well-being, one contributes significantly to prosperity and wealth and even to economic progress. It is given that healthy populations are more productive, happier and live longer. If a healthy person loses his properties it will be very easy for him to start a new life. But if he loses his health, he loses everything including his own life.
It is important for us to take care of our health because it is real wealth. We need to promote our health to save others and by doing such we are empowering people to also increase control over their health. Promoting one’s health covers a wide range of social and environmental interventions that are designed to benefit and protect individual people’s health and quality of life. This is done by addressing and preventing the root causes of ill health not just focusing on treatment and cure. For a healthy life cycle, we need a healthy and balanced diet, good hygiene habits, staying in a proper shelter and getting enough sleep.
In addition, we will have to participate in physical activities, weight management, and stress management activities.
The Rotary Club of Carmona actively implemented the Disease Prevention and Treatment Program, one of the seven Areas of Focus of Rotary International. Several projects were accomplished by the club to promote health and prevent diseases for the Rotary Year 2021-2022 as follows:
- RC Carmona under the leadership of LCP Patrick Doloroso in coordination with the Municipal Health Office organized the Blood Letting Program held last July 16 at the Carmona Community Center with around 200 Carmonian donors. This is a yearly activity of the municipality in partnership with the Rotary Club of Carmona.
- Another activity is Resbak Bakuna a preventive measure against pandemic in coordination with the Solid Cavite clubs with around 500 recipients from Carmona. This is an essential project in line with the government’s campaign for vaccination.
- LCP Patrick Doloroso sponsored the medical check-up of Rolando Sorocan, a resident of Paliparan, Dasmariñas who suffers from kidney ailment. The family was thankful for the generosity of the club president and they were able to bring Rolando to the hospital.
- The club also donated through Rotary way for the medical assistance to Dwaine Regorosa, the child of one of the Rotaract members of the club for his eye operation.
- Hygiene kits were distributed to students from the different schools of Carmona.
- The club also is actively participating in the End Polio Program of the District.
- For the care of the animals, the club also joined the Anti-Rabies Vaccination Program held last September 28.
The club is very thankful that it was given the opportunity to be an advocate of promoting good health by to people who are in need with the will to be completely healed. To quote Mahatma